We are pleased to announce that registration for the 23rd ESUG Conference in Brescia, Italy is now open!
To register, please proceed to the website or go directly to http://registration.esug.org
Note: Fill carefully your registration because you will receive an automatically generated invoice by email.
Important: do not forget to book your accommodation directly at one of the hotels in Brescia. See: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2015/Hotels
See you all @ Brescia,
Pharo 4.0 is here!
Many things have changed in Pharo. Here are some highlights:
- Inspector/Playground/Spotter are new moldable development tools for inspecting, coding and searching objects.
- Slots model instance variables as first class entities and enable meta-programming on this level.
- ShoreLine reporter introduces a way to report system errors and collect statistics, that we will use for future improvements
- Dark theme.
These are just the more prominent highlights, but the details are just as important. We have closed 1700 issues in Pharo 4.
Pharo is improving on many fronts, but one of the most prominent changes is the addition of moldable tools for inspection and search. These tools provide extension mechanisms that allow every object to define ways in which it can be understood effectively. To provide an idea of the impact of the already existing extensions, the map below shows the Pharo classes grouped in packages, highlighting in red those parts of the system that have at least one such custom view coming with the main distribution. The spread of these extensions shows that moldability is powerful mechanism that can be used in many contexts.
We thank all the contributors of this release:
Clara Allende, Jean-Baptiste Arnaud, Jean-Christophe Bach, Philippe Back, Clement Bera, Alexandre Bergel, Torsten Bergmann, Vincent Blondeau, Noury Bouraqadi, Santiago Bragagnolo, Johan Brichau, Sven Van Caekenberghe, Damien Cassou, Nicolas Cellier, Guido Chari, Dimitris Chloupis, Andrei Chis, Ben Coman, Bernardo Contreras, Tommaso Dal Sasso, Jan Van De Sandt, Christophe Demarey, Sean DeNigris, Marcus Denker, Martin Dias, Stephane Ducasse, Stephan Eggermont, Luc Fabresse, Johan Fabry, Hilaire Fernandes, Jerome Garcia, Tudor Girba, Thierry Goubier, Jigyasa Grover, Kris Gybels, Norbert Hartl, Dale Henrichs, Pablo Herrero, Nicolai Hess, Pavel Krivanek, Juraj Kubelka, Jan Kurs, Laurent Laffont, Jannik Laval, Kevin Lanvin, Max Leske, David Lewis, Diego Lont, Esteban Lorenzano, Tim Mackinnon, Attila Magyar, Esteban Maringolo, Stefan Marr, Max Mattone, Martin Mc Clure, Eliot Miranda, Alain Plantec, Guillermo Polito, Damien Pollet, Stefan Reichhart, Mark Rizun, Udo Schneider, Ignacio Sniechowski, Henrik Sperre Johansen, Igor Stasenko, Aliaksei Syrel, Ciprian Teodorov, Camille Teruel, Sebastian Tleye, Yuriy Tymchuk, Peter Uhnak, Andres Valloud, Sven Van Caekenberghe, Thomas Vincent, Jan Vrany, Martin Walk, Richard Wettel, Dmitri Zagidulin
And all those who contributed indirectly, by reporting bugs, participating in discussion threads and providing feedback.
Pharo 4.0 is another big step. And, the best is yet to come.
The Pharo Team
The European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) welcome sponsors for the organization of the 23rd ESUG conference edition. Sponsoring ESUG also help us to do achieve multiple actions to support Smalltalk all over the year such as: conferences, events, summertalks, projects, research articles, publications, books, student mobility, ... More infos.
As previous years, sponsorships levels are:
- Silver ESUG Sponsor: By paying 500€, the logo of your company/association is displayed during the ESUG conference, and you are also recognized as a sponsor on our ESUG website http://www.esug.org. You are entitled to mention that you are an ESUG sponsor, and to use the ESUG logo in that context.
- Gold ESUG Sponsor: By paying 1000€, you get all of the above, and ESUG correspondence and distributions (CD, Documentation) will feature your logo. You also get a 10% fee reduction on the ESUG events for up to 5 people of your organization.
- Platinum ESUG Sponsor: By Paying 2000€, you get all of the above, but you get a 20% fee reduction on the ESUG events for up to 10 people of your organization.
If your company is interested, you can choose a sponsorship level, send us (at board at esugorg) information such as Organization name, VAT number, etc. and we will send you back an invoice.
Also consider that sending people to the conference is a kind of sponsoring in an indirect way.
So see you @ ESUG'15, Brescia, Italy 13-17 July 2015.
Luc Fabresse On behalf of ESUG board
Last Camp in Nanaimo was amazingly successful and everyone had much fun. If you’re in the general pacific north-west region do consider coming along.
- When: Saturday & Sunday April 25-26th
- Location: Makerspace Nanaimo, 2221 McGarrigle Rd, Nanaimo
their website: http://makerspacenanaimo.org
Non! We have the Space all weekend long and do not need to leave the place this time!
If you are interested in
- any kind of ScratchOnPI projects
- combining your Smalltalk project with any other peripheral device
- would like to try a different Smalltalk out
- just want to chat and meet old and new friends
....then this should be the perfect weekend to do this and come over to Makerspace in Nanaimo.
Please contact us directly if you have questions regarding travel or accomodationa. We got some valuable feedback from last CampSmalltalk's participants.
Please let us also know if you’re interested. Tim and Sebastian